Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gettin' Old

Well, I must be getting old.



Cody took me to a Kenny Chesney concert Saturday. Someone had given him free tickets to this concert at Reliant Stadium, so it seemed like a fun "date." Cody arranged a babysitter, even though Jake really wanted to go with us. "I've never seen a date," he said to us before we left. The drive to Reliant Stadium is not a short one, but we were excited to be going somewhere together (without kids). On the way to the concert we found out that this concert was not just Kenny Chesney as we had thought. It also included Luke Bryan, Gary Allen, Leann Rimes, and Keith Urban. None of these people are performers that we love, but we figured it would be fun anyway.

Well, our seats were in nose-bleed section and way off to the side, but I was still excited. Beer was $8.50, but still excited. Then the concerts started. The sound was horrible. We couldn't understand a word anyone said (or sang). It was so loud, I think my ears are still ringing. We finally moved to some other better seats thinking that would help. It did help some, but not enough. The concerts started at 4:00, and at 9:30 we left after only two Kenny Chesney songs. I'm wondering if I would have enjoyed this 10 years ago.

1 comment:

Laura said...

yes you would have enjoyed it--you'd have paid $8.50 or would have snuck them in your purse