Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
1. If I were shipwrecked on a deserted island, I would want Cody with me. Who else would hunt and fish for our food??
2. I can't imagine my life without Josie and Jake. I think Josie has a future in drama, and Jake will want to be something that involves shooting stuff.
3. I am halfway through with my master's degree in administration. I never would have expected to ever aspire to be a school administrator.
4. I love peanut butter and chocolate mixed together, but recently I have given up desserts and sugar. Valentine's Day will probably make it hard to keep this up!
5. I love to read. If I let myself, I could stay up until 1:00 am every night reading.
6. Lately my house has suffered due to a family obsession with playing Wii Fit.
7. I grew up in Happy, TX and graduated with 16 other people. I wouldn't trade growing up in a small town and being the daughter of a farmer for anything.
8. One person I really admire is my mother. She is strong and brave and never fired her farm "hands" even when we plowed up fences or almost dropped the plow on the shop. Maybe that is an even trade for the time she didn't unplug the electric fence before she sent us out to roll it up.
9. My best memories of growing up are at the farm with Nonnie. She would make a lunch in an old tin lunchbox, saddle Jughead (the horse), and we would go have a picnic under the trees. She never saw a hole that she didn't stop and poke with a stick or throw a rock down. And if she stepped out the back door with her 22, everyone had better watch out. She used to say we had to wait until 6th grade before she would teach us to drive, but she never held out that long.
10. Someday I would like to start a photography business.
11. I truly believe that God has a plan, and things happen in our lives for a reason. All of our "things" shape us into the people we are meant to be.
12. I love having a group of friends, known to some as the "sisters," who know me and accept me for who I am. I didn't grow up with these girls, but if feels like I did.
13. One thing I miss about our college days at Texas A&M is going dancing with Cody. (Well, also the no responsibility part, too.)
14. My favorite book is Too Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I even had a dog named Scout. One of my favorite authors is Janet Evanovich. If you haven't read anything by her, you should go check out some of her books from the library. I guarantee you will laugh out loud. I really enjoyed the "Left Behind" series. (Even Cody read all the books in the series!)
15. One place I love to visit is my Mother- and Father-in-law's house on Inks Lake. It's like a home-away-from-home, except the food is much better than at my house.
16. I would probably get more done around my house and with my school work if I didn't spend so much time blogging.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
It is kind of sad that the dolls have more clothes and shoes than we do!
Monday, February 9, 2009
5.) Snuggling on the couch with Mama
Friday, February 6, 2009
2. Can you let me sleep late in the morning?
3. The color brown makes me want to eat chocolate!
4. I have a craving for chocolate.
5. If my life had a pause button, I'd pause it on a time when we're all together as a family.
6. Eyes are the windows to the soul. (I know, you would think I could do better!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out at home since Josie is sick, tomorrow my plans include spending time with Cody and the kids and Sunday, I want to get my school assignment quickly so I don't have to worry about it!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Our resident shooting instructor requires his students to concentrate very hard. This is serious business, you know.
Josie did not join the fun at the Spivey Shooting Range, but she's always on hand for picture taking.