Friday, June 17, 2011

A Picture of My Dad

I found this picture of my Daddy and me from a LONG time ago. I'm not sure how old I was, but I remember this day vividly. It was the 3rd Saturday in August...I know this because the Happy Days Celebration still takes place on the same weekend. They still have a parade and barbecue in the park. This particular year, my dad agreed to let me walk this "hay ring" down Main Street for the parade. I believe we were the official advertisement for R&S Drills and Equipment that day.
I had practiced lots of different tricks in the grass in our yard, but I remember being too chicken to do any of them on the actual road. I think that one of my Mama's trees lost its life to the practice sessions. Sorry Mama! I'm thinking that if my dad were still here, my kids would love to have some hay ring adventures!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I remember all of your practice and all of the cool tricks you could do. You were sort of like a monkey on that thing. I'm sure the next time you are up, if it's not too windy, we can give a hay ring a spin.
Love you!