Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Season of Giving

What do you give someone who saves your child's life?

Yesterday when I dropped Jake off at school, his teacher stopped me and told me that Jake had stuffed too many crackers in his mouth at some point during the day. Apparently he started choking and she had to give him the Heimlich maneuver. At the time, I said "thank you" and the story did not really sink in. Now as I think about it, I am so thankful for her quick thinking. As we buy gifts for Christmas, I have been trying to think of a clever idea for teacher gifts. Now, I'm wondering what gift would ever show her how grateful I am for taking care of my baby.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Robby and I discussed that; we'll be thinking. Tell her thanks for us, too.
:)Laura

Laura said...

You could have Jake paint/color a nice picture and frame it--that'd be cool.