Monday, June 29, 2009

Garden Bounty


Our garden is small...it is crammed into a small flowerbed in the backyard. We have 4 tomato plants, 2 yellow squash plants, and 1 zucchini plant. Here are of few of the veggies we have gotten in the last few days.

These are our pumpkin plants that Jake and I started a couple of weeks ago. Now I need to thin them out. This is way too many for one washtub. I don't want to plant them in the dirt, because apparently we have squash vine bores in our soil. Last year, our pumpkins died before ever producing anything.

We also have 2 hanging pots with tomatoes growing in them. This is just an experiment. It is hard to keep them watered as they dry out really quickly.

The tomatoes on this plant don't seem to get very big. I don't think my pots have enough room for the roots.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks good--we are hoping for tomatoes soon. Some of the vines are blooming.