Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Give Thanks, Day 11-20

11.  I'm thankful for yummy chicken fried deer steak and the awesome husband cooking it.  

12.  I'm thankful for school holidays!

13.  I'm thankful for DVR, Wii, iphone, nook, and all the other technology that has me spoiled rotten.

14.  I'm thankful for youtube, because that's how I learned to knit.  

15.  I'm thankful for cookie dough that allows me to be so lazy that my kids don't realize what "from scratch" means.

16.  I'm thankful for Nonnie, who taught me what "from scratch" means and to Granny who is teaching my kids.

17.  I'm thankful for doctors, medicine, breathing machines and all the things that keep us well.

18.  I'm thankful for my job and all the people who show up every day and do their best for our kids.

19.  I'm thankful for good books and the ability to read them.  

20.   I'm thankful to Mrs. Smith whose face pops into my head every time I see a passive verb or the incorrect usage of a word.  She's the reason I can write coherently and the reason I'm cursed with wanting to correct the writing of those who cannot.  

 

No comments: