Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful

Every day on facebook, I have been reading posts about being thankful.  Here's my list for the first 5 days of November:

1.  I am thankful for God's grace.

I am forgiven, loved, blessed.


2.  I am thankful for Cody, who is more than just my husband.  He is my best friend and my partner.  He is the hardest working man I know, and there's no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with.   As an added bonus, in the event of a cataclysmic event that takes us to a technology-free world, there is no one I would rather be with than him.  He is the country boy that will survive, because he really can skin a buck and run a trot line.

3.  I am thankful for my two smart, healthy, fun, crazy, active, caring kids.  What joy they bring every day!  I am so glad God gave them to us; I can't imagine life without them.


4.  I am thankful for a childhood, hometown, family, and history that has shaped who I am today.  When you grow up in Happy, TX, have all your grandparents in the same town as you, go to a 1A school, and spend summers on a tractor, your values may not match everyone else's, but I'm okay with that!  Grateful to have been a small town, country girl.  No matter where I live, I'm still that same girl at heart.


5.  I am thankful for the freedom we enjoy in this country.  It wasn't free, and I am so grateful for those people who put their lives on the line to protect our way of life every day.  I am proud to call these two men my grandfathers.  

No comments: