Monday, August 31, 2009

The honeymoon is over...

You were probably thinking this was going to be a post where I complain about my husband, but that's not the honeymoon I'm talking about.

No, I'm thinking of the start of school. You know what I mean. The beginning always seems sort of idyllic, and things go smoothly. Sound familiar? No, here at the Spivey house, we're in the real world now.

You know the real world--someone always has a runny nose or a cough. Breathing treatments are already starting. The homework begins (even in PreK). Diet Coke gets spilled on Mom before the first bell even rings. Surprise meetings....rushing to afterschool commitments...forgetting your wallet at home when you have $150 worth of groceries rung up in the checkout line... You get the picture, right?

On a brighter note, no husband complaining here. When we got home from cheer tonight, Cody had our steak for supper just about ready. We are continually blessed to have him to take care of our family.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I started the morning with muddy paws on my skirt as we rushed to get to a meeting on time. Sounds like our lives are pretty similar right now--Robby had supper ready when we got home from dance/cheer.

Ashly said...

My honeymoon ended last night when I realized I wasn't getting out of class until 8:15....:D...We had to go somewhere to eat...