Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Starting School








There's something magical about the first day of school, whether you are a prek-er or a 3rd grader. Maybe it's the new clothes or the freshly sharpened pencils or the never-been-used crayons or the red and blue nap mat. Maybe it's the promise of new friends and adventures. Whatever it is, there's nothing quite like that first day.

When I asked how Jake's first day of PreK was, he said he learned the lunchkit rules. Apparently knowing where to put your lunchkit was the most memorable part of big boy school. I think I had a harder time with putting him on the bus than he did.
Josie's says 3rd graders have a "very, very, very short recess." I suspect that this is just the first lesson for the year in growing up.

2 comments:

Ashly said...

ok...so this makes me very sad...they aren't supposed to grow up!!!!! and i want the picture of jake with him shooting the camera with his "gun" it made me smile...

i hope you guys have an even better second day of school!!!!

Laura said...

Lookin' good!
It looks like you guys had a great start to school!