Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mrs. Smith

My high school English teacher passed away on Friday. I credit Mrs. Smith with my ability to write this post. She was a phenomenal teacher and a great lady. She coached me to state in UIL Headline Writing which led to a 4-year scholarship in college. She taught us to write a resarch paper, diagram a sentence, and to do your homework or have to stay in for lunch. From her I learned that "pictures are hung, and people are hanged." Also, "corn is raised, children are reared." She taught my brother and sister as well as several of my cousins and hundreds of other Happy High School students. I can only pray that my children will have at least one teacher like her.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a nice tribute. I've been writing one in my head, just haven't gotten it to the computer yet.