Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Outside my window...

This is one of the windows in our living room. It's up high above the regular widows that have blinds on them. It looks out on the deck and backyard.
Look what was sunbathing on our windowsill. I was not home to witness this visitor, but my Mama and Jake were. Thankfully they had the foresight to take pictures, because, let's face it, I woudn't have believed them.

Here's a different angle. Can you tell what it is?
And yes, that is something stuck on the top of the fan. A hairband maybe? Just trying to keep it real.
I guess this guy climbed up the pergola and through the vines that I have determinedly twined around the wood in hopes of it providing a great shade canopy over the deck. When I think of all the times I stood on the bench and reached up to move the vines and water the hanging plants, I get a little queasy. I guess it could have easily been this snake that I grabbed to twine around the wooden slats overhead.

Here he is turning around to leave. He's turning around to slither back to the pergola, through the vines, and presumably back to his home. I am very afraid he lives under the deck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I'm never coming to your house!