Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cookie Sheet Advent Calendars



Here's what I've been doing now that I'm done with school. These cookie sheets have been altered to make magnetic calendars to count the days until Christmas. Jake has really been enjoying putting each day on the calendar, and it has given him a much better understanding of how long we have until the BIG Day!
I bought the cookie sheets at the Dollar Store, and I used leftover spray paint from the garage to put a coat of paint on two of the calendars. Then I used Mod Podge to decoupage Christmas Scrapbook paper. For the day counters on two of the calendars, I used small wooden shapes from Hobby Lobby. I spray painted them black and used whatever stickers I had in my craft drawer to add the numbers. Then I glued magnets to each counter. The counters for the coming days are stuck onto the back of the cookie sheet so they won't get lost. For the first calendar, I used cheap plastic poker chips for the day counters.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So very cool! I like the top one best. These are really neat.