Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Special K Bars

Here is my favorite recipe of all time. It is great for the holidays (actually for any day).

In a large pot (I use my spaghetti sauce pot), melt:

1 stick butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup light karo

Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Add:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)

Stir until peanut butter is completely melted.
Add:

6 cups Special K

Stir to coat. Spread mixture in a brownie pan or pyrex dish.

Melt: 1 small bag semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 small bag peanut butter chips

Spread on cereal mixture. Once Special K Bars are cooled and set, cut into bars. They can be refrigerated to make this process faster.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Thanks for the hint on making the process faster. I think if I just eat a hunk of fat...it would probably equal 1 special K bar and I'd gain 5lbs...that would probably make that process faster...but not as yummy. :) I LOVE these things...you've got everyone hooked on them!!!