Saturday, November 15, 2008

Comfort Food


Jake and I made Nonnie's Chicken and Dumplin's today. I had never made them before, but they've always been a special treat that Nonnie would make for me (at least it seemed like she made it just for me). After 3 separate calls to Nonnie for instructions, I finally got them done. They turned out pretty well, but nothing ever tastes as good as when she made it. Her recipe is actually not really dumplings but homemade noodles, since you have to roll the dough out, cut it into small squares, and then drop them into the boiling chicken stock 2-3 at a time. Good thing Jake was willing to stand there and drop them in for me.

For those of you who know me, you know that it is not normal for me to be so domestic. I guess it's because I have an assignment due tomorrow, and I would rather do just about anything (even cook) than do my school work.

Here is Jake after the neighbor girls fixed his hair. Thank goodness it is finally growing out from the horrible hair cut he got a couple of months ago.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Very cute, Jake! Proud of you for helping your mom, I bet it was fun.
Jen, you're brave on the chicken and dumplings.

Anonymous said...

Man, that sounds so good... Would Nonnie mind sharing "How to"?

Jen said...

No, she wouldn't mind. I'll post the recipe. :)