Monday, November 10, 2008

Turning over a new leaf...

Tomorrow, I am going to my first Weight Watcher's meeting. I am not really too excited about the thought of watching everything I eat, but I am excited about getting my eating habits under control. I know this it is not healthy to drink as many diet cokes as I do, and I am sort of thinking eating icing slathered on saltines is probably not a good idea. I am a sugar junky--anything chocolate sounds good, and I can't stop at just one. I know that I now weigh more than I did when I was 9-months pregnant with Jake. That can't be good!

SO... I have decided to take charge. No more sweets (except on special occasions). I will walk on the treadmill or in the neighborhood at least 3 times a week!

Can you tell I am giving myself a pep talk? Anyone who wants to add to the pep, PLEASE leave an encouraging comment! Let me know what has worked for you (or what hasn't worked). Help me hold myself accountable!

2 comments:

Laura said...

You go girl!! I'll start walking, too and we can keep track of each other. I'm willing to limit myself to one Coke per day.
Icing on saltines--remember the 7-minute icing Nonnie made and would let us eat on crackers--yum!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

TREY MORGAN said...

I think you've made an awesome decision. I love it when I'm not only spiritually and emotionally whole, but also physically.

I think you'll do awesome!!!