Thursday, November 20, 2008

The New Leaf

I am really trying to turn over that new leaf--turns out it's pretty heavy. Here's my progress so far...

I have started Weight Watchers and exercising. Exercise has never been something I've enjoyed. I'm really not sure why, but growing up, I hated it. Now, I am starting to look forward to getting on the treadmill and listening to the IPOD. It turns out that I actually enjoy it, and I feel so much better after. Maybe it's the peace of doing something just for me. Whatever it is, I hope it continues.

So, to keep myself accountable, I will keep you updated on my progress.

Here is my "before" picture... I'm the fat one on the right. :)

The skinny girl on the left is my sister. Love you and miss you Laura!

6 comments:

Laura said...

You are not fat--you need to go back and read Amanda Sanders post about the "mean girl." (I think that is it)
You can do it!! I am proud of you. Miss you, too!

Laura said...

Here is the link to Amanda's post I was talking about:
http://freetolive.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/mean-girl/

love ya!! (BTW I am officially a cat woman---all three were asleep on my lap today)

TREY MORGAN said...

I'm excited about your commitment. You'll do great. In no time you’ll be adding songs to that iPod because you’ll be running on that treadmill for so long. :)

Jen said...

Trey-Thanks for the encouragement!

Laura-I should have said "the proportionally challenged" girl or "the horizontally challenged" or ??? Maybe you should start a blog about being the cat lady. :)

Laura said...

Yeah--
We'll call it "When boys carry cats around by their neck, tail...and stuff you into trucks, boxes..." The SPCA will be all over it!

Lael said...

I used to be a runner and I loved that feeling you get after a good jog. Keep up the good work!

Brad and I have lost weight by switching to all whole grain stuff, lots more fruit and nuts, but we still always use whole milk, and real butter. The less processed the better. Just ignore the Sam's size package of Christmas cookie dough in my fridge right now and my trips to Sonic. That is what is hardest for me to avoid.

Brad likes a book called "The Maker's Diet", which basically says we should try to eat the way God intended, the way people ate 2 thousand years ago. I do not agree with or following everything it recommends, but it does make you start to think about food differently.

Good Luck!