Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ten Years

Cody and I celebrated a decade of marriage yesterday. I sometimes tease him that our song is the Gary Stewart song, "Ten Years of This." Despite my kidding, it does not seem like "a million nights" and I can't wait to see how the next ten years turn out. We met 12 years ago at a Charlie Daniels concert at the Texas Hall of Fame. When Cody asked me if Iwanted to go fishing (that was apparently his pickup line), I never dreamed that being with him would be a lifetime commitment to fishing and hunting. Since we didn't have a digital camera ten years ago, I only have pictures from the last few years to post. Maybe I'll get ambitious and scan a few old ones in, but here are a few.


Happy anniversary Cody! I love you!



3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't wait to see how the next 10 turn out. Love the new design.

Lael said...

Happy 10th anniversary!! What a perfect family you guys have made along the way.

p.s. I still have the navy blue bridesmaid dress hanging in my closet - not sure when I'll need to dress up again (or fit into it), but it was always my favorite of the weddings I was in :)

Anonymous said...

This was so sweet. Congrats!