Thursday, October 2, 2008

Future Teacher?

Today, I went to tell Josie something after school. When I got to her classroom door, I saw her sitting in her teacher's chair in front of the carpet reading a book aloud to some other 2nd graders. She looked just like a "real" teacher, showing the pictures from each page as she read. Her teacher told me that Josie asked permission to read the other kids a story. Mrs. Campbell gave her permission. Not much later, Josie said, "But Mrs. Campbell they're not listening." Before her teacher could respond, Josie said, "Oh, now I know why it's so hard to be a teacher!"


So here is a thank you to all those teachers who touch the lives of kids every day. Thank you Mrs. Campbell, Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Jorge, Mrs. Hill, Mrs. Gonzalez, Ms. Melanie, Ms. Samantha, and Ms. Curry especially for taking care of my babies. The care and love you give or have given them means more than you'll ever know.


Mama and Josie on the first day of school this year.

1 comment:

Laura said...

AMEN, SISTER!!

Yay JoJo--way proud of you for reading to others. I love it when someone reads to me--love, Aunt Laura