Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake! (just a little early!)

This week we are celebrating 4 years of Jake!
Look how much he has grown. Here is the picture from his first birthday party invitation.

It's hard to believe how time flies! I was just thinking about when he was born... I taught up until the day before he was born. That was a Friday, and I was planning to get my sub plans ready on Saturday morning. I woke up early Saturday morning having contractions and there was not time for sub plans. Thank goodness my sweet neighbor teacher got everything ready for my classroom. When I told Cody I was in labor, he asked if he had time to go to work for a little bit. We made it to the hospital at around 8:30 and Jake was born around 10:30. Good thing he didn't get tied up at work! After we brought Baby Jake home from the hospital, it was months later before Josie stopped asking things like, "Is he still going to be here at Christmas?"

2 comments:

Laura said...

Jake--
Wish we could be there to celebrate! I'm sending your gift with GeGe--you are going to love it!
Love, Aunt Laura

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.