Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wedding Bells

While we were driving to school this morning, Josie and I had a conversation that went something like this:

Josie: "Mom, when teenagers...well not really teenagers...when grownups...well not really grownups..." Lots of long pauses involved.

This went on for quite some time with me trying to remain patient even though we were late to school (again!). It had been one of those mornings when everything had taken twice as long as it should have. Needless to say I had already missed my weekly Bible Study.

Josie: "When people get married..."

Me: "Yes, Josie." Thinking to myself, "is there a point to this story? Spit it out! Get to the point! Or better yet, just ride quietly in the car while I drive and contemplate another day."

Josie: "When people get married, do they stand up and thank their Mama and Daddy for raising them?"

YES--they should anyway! I have no idea why this topic was on her mind, but most conversations are like this with Josie. I did have a flash of a future day when she would be all grown up and getting married (and of course thanking Cody and me for raising her). I'm sure she will wear a tiarra and a very FANCY dress.

We discussed her wedding. She said, "I want you to be there with me. Will you still look the same as you do right now?"

Me: "Probably not; I'll probably be old and fat."

Josie: "Not if you start walking on the treadmill. You should go walk right now."

I'm not sure about how I'll look, but Josie, the Lord willing, I will be there with you.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Made me tear up--can you even imagine...
Yes, I bet she wears something very fancy--definitely fancy shoes. Sadie will probably wear her boots with her dress (I hope boots will fit into the theme. I'll still be wearing the ones I bought the other day!)

Ashly said...

I could so hear Josie saying that...Definitely was laughing. And on that note, I guess I need to start walking on the treadmill too! Hope yall are doing well!